Wednesday, July 2, 2008

"It's all fun and games on the river..............until someone hits a rock!"

So a few of my friends and I decided it would be a great idea to float down the river here in Boise. It was the perfect day too! Pretty much hundred degree weather, and the freezing cold rapids make for a perfect mix! Well, there were a few rapids anyway:) Mostly flat and a lazy flowing river! We spent about an hour or so floating down to our destination. We entered the first little drop of rapids and it went smoothly, really it wasn't that big, just enough to rock the raft a little. Then we came to the next drop and WHAM, BAM!! The only rock, or boulder, more like, sticking slightly higher than the rest and I happen to land on it perfectly with my tail bone....!! It is still hurting a bit, but I am sure no permanent damage was done, but holy cow, that is a very tender spot! Anyway, the rest of the ride I was a bit more cautious about lifting the hiney up away from the bottom of the raft, it is not a good place for the rear to be while encountering hidden boulders under the water! Along the rest of the way we encountered several people that seem to enjoy being publicly stupid and annoying! They will never cease to amaze me:) Despite the sore hiney and a few annoyances, I will venture out tomorrow and float the river again!

3 comments:

Heather Capener said...

ouch charlie.

Heidi Bitsch said...

I'm glad your run in with the rock did not discourage you from floating the river the next day. :)

Heidi Peterson said...

me too!! haha....the second day was a lot of fun. despite our run in with the log, do to some careless tubers.....but we for sure will be pros at it by the end of the summer.