Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I have a job folks, thank you very much! But there's a catch.....!

Finally, after a very long, exhausting, at times very frustrating to the point of almost giving up hope, 3 1/2 months, I have finally found a job! I just got the call today. I will be working at Willow Park in the Dietary Department. This is an assisted living facility. Yes, I will be working with all our great and noble elders:) The pay is crap, but the benefits rock. Despite the pay, I think this will give me a lot of experience, which will also be beneficial.

The downfall to this job is I will have to work on Sundays:( It is possible I may be able to attend an earlier ward for sacrament, but it won't be my ward and it will be permanent. I really struggled with this decision because I have been out of work for so long and here comes a job with a 'catch'. I also keep thinking of all those stories you hear at church where people have job offers that required them to work on Sunday's and they chose not to accept the job and just have faith that everything will work out. And then something better came along and it all works out. Maybe I should have more faith in that things would still work out if I didn't accept this job. I am still feeling guilty about my decision, perhaps I made the wrong choice in taking this job. Also keep in mind, I am completely broke, down to the last drops of savings.

So I would like to hear some feedback on this. Tell me your thoughts and if you must, your criticisms as well, just be honest.

4 comments:

Heather Capener said...

Well, we've already discussed, but I want you to know again that you are always in my prayers.
Here is a little something from the scriptures that always helps me keep on going...
D&C 98:2-3, Moroni 8:3
I know there are great blessings in store for you!!!

Hills said...

If you do what is right there are always blessings, right? It's definitely a very personal and hard choice! Great things have to be around the corner for you!

Scott & Tami said...

I say take the job and look for a new one so you have income while you are looking. That's what Scott did while he was job hunting. I can't wait to see you...are you still coming?

Ashley Canady said...

I think you should take the job temporarily and still look really hard for another. Good luck!