Thursday, October 29, 2009

Matt Kearney Concert! October 28, 2009-In the Venue!

Okay, so if you know me at all, I am a huge ginormous music lover! This guy can surely rock the stage! Matt Kearney put on a fantastic show! It really shows how talented people are when they sound just as good and/or better live! So if you ever get a chance to see him live....do it! It is worth every penny! And I got a funny story out of it! haha (read below)









Funny story:

So there I was fairly close to the front of the stage...a few people in front...but the best place in my opinion, is not right up next to the stage....you get a kinked neck from looking stright up for 2 hours or more.

So...there I was totally enjoying the show....and I notice I keep getting a phone call by a number I do not recognize.....and because of the noise I can't answer. So I text this person to find out who it was. Turns out, of all people, it was my grandma, needing to talk to me about details of my grandpa's 80th birthday party we have been planning.

So as I am texting her back, that I would call her in the morning because I am at a concert, I notice the crowd is getting considerably louder and going crazy, especially around me.....so I look up from texting to see what was happening and notice.....Matt is in the crowd and he is standing literally right in front of me. Now I am totally caught off guard by this.....at first people were making a path for him...so he could walk through...but then suddenly started shoving so they could touch him...hahah.....all the while I am just standing there like an idiot, because I am just realizing what is happening.

Keep in mind, he is singing still. At this point he is right next to me...and by 'right next to me' I mean....if he had been anyone else and in a different setting, he would have been in some serious personal space....and because of the shoving....I get pushed right into him, just as his elbow comes down and 'clocks' me in the face. hahah.

Now nobody noticed this happens...not even Matt, because it was so chaotic. So as Matt is making his way back to the stage...I am just standing there laughing to myself about what just happened. I am not sure if I was laughing more at the fact I was texting my grandma or just the whole series of events. haha

Anyway, needless to say it was a fantastic concert. Below is a tiny 'snipit' of the concert and a few photos! So check him out if you ever get a chance to. It will totally be worth your time and money!